Application Process for Credit ESL Students
For new students and students returning to the college after an absense of one year or more:
- For CREDIT: You must fill out the CCCApply online application.
- Go to Apply for Admission on the College of Marin website and click on "Apply for Credit Classes."
- The College will send you a "Welcome to College of Marin" email with your user name and your COM Student ID # (M00#).
- After you receive the Welcome Letter with your M00#, you can use the ESL Guided Self-Placement Tool to find your ESL level.
- New students who place in levels 60 and above should complete an online orientation available in the MyCOM Portal.
- Make an appointment to see a counselor to create a student education plan.
To Schedule a General Counseling Appointment
- Log in to MyCOM to schedule a counseling appointment
- OR email email@example.com
- Once scheduled you will receive a link to a Zoom meeting via email.
- At the time of the appointment, join the meeting via the Zoom link or phone using one of the numbers in the Zoom email.
- Please cancel the appointment through the MyCOM portal if you are unable to attend.
New Credit Students
New students who wish to take classes for credit can start registering on the date listed as Priority 8, according to the Priority Registration Schedule, or even earlier if they have completed the four steps above.
Level 60, 70 and 80 ESL credit classes are not open entry/open exit. This means that students must begin at the start of the semester and complete the entire semester. Please see the Academic Calendar for the semester start and end dates.
- Credit students will receive an official letter grade or Pass/No Pass if they choose this.
- Noncredit students will receive an unofficial grade of Pass or No Pass. Noncredit students can also be dropped just as credit students can be.
- All the students, both credit and noncredit, are expected to attend classes, do all assignments, and take tests.